Saturday 3 January 2015

Outings

On Christmas,
we had our annual Christmas gathering with all the relatives at my aunt's house. I didn't expect this year to be any more entertaining than last year's or any other year's because there's really nothing much for teenagers to enjoy there. Most of my relatives are married with children and the kids would play among themselves. So, yes, it's a pretty anti-social environment for me there. However, since my same-age-cousin, Juliana, has also been admitted to NP this year, there's more common topics for us to talk about! She's an anime fan like me, also learning Japanese, reads Manga, has a Tumblr account and we're school mates! (even though we're never met in campus before, not even once). But being able to close the gap between us made me all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm just so glad we're close again and I don't feel any barrier between us. 

Also, my other cousin, belonging to the host's family, owns a freaking arcade machine inside his room. Well, not really the arcade machine but more like he got all the controls and connects it to a television screen and it's able to function as good as the ones in arcades. Something like this:

This is the controls.
And this is what it looks like in the dark.
IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME. JULIANA AND I JUST PLAYED THAT FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT while the adults are busy socializing downstairs. Hah. 

On the 2nd day of Christmas,
we had a belated birthday celebration for Brandon @ a Korean BBQ Buffet Restaurant located in NEX and the food is really good. Or should I say the meat was hella tasty, especially the beef. Mm hmmm.
And Shu Fei returned from Macau without telling me. -.- God dammit. Anyway, here's the goodies she brought back for me. Hehehe. 

And after that, we went to catch Night At The Museum 3! Big Hero 6 was our first choice but we couldn't make it in time. :/ Anyway, the movie was not bad but in my opinion, it wasn't as good as the first or the second one. The solution to the plot was quite anti-climatic and there weren't much involvement of the original museum characters. It's still pretty funny though! 

On the 3rd day of Christmas,
I went to my section's BBQ at Keith's house, again (we did the same thing last year too). Met them at McDonalds and waited for a few others to arrive so that we can go to Keith's house together. I've been there once but I'm really bad with directions and I probably still don't know how to reach Keith's house alone. Also, got to know one sec 1 (2014) junior and she's called ICE. Her name's cooler than you. Hahahaha. 
And guess what. It rained heavily when we were only minutes into bbq-ing our food. 

Hence, we had to bring all of our uncooked/raw food back to his house and burden his mom to cook it for us. The same thing happened last year too. We couldn't bbq our chicken wings because we're such amateurs at bbq-ing that the chicken wings turned out raw on the inside. Thus the generous mum cooked the chicken wings to perfection for us last year. For this year, there's not only chicken wings but also sausages, satays and prawns.. We all felt really bad but there's nothing we could have done with the heavy rain which lasted the entire night. All well. Next time let's just have instant noodles for BBQ. Albeit the killjoy rain, we still had fun playing with cards and I also learned a new poker card game! WOOHOO. Overall, I had no regrets coming to the section BBQ and you guys are the same as ever, still as lively and crazy as a year ago. As long as it's you guys, fun times are guaranteed. 

On New Year's Eve,
I met up with the girls from secondary school to just hang out and celebrate the New Year's together. The plan was to order delivery food from KFC and one of the Pizza franchise but we ditched the plan because all the delivery services that day was too busy to serve any more customers. So, we had to go all the way back to Northpoint to get takeaway and some snacks just in case. When we finally got back to Amabel's house, it was nearing 10pm and Xin Lin had to go off to countdown with her fam. So before that happens,

And after that, we played card games and when the clock struck midnight, we managed to catch a glimpse of some of the firework displays from Amabel's house! It's really pretty and fancy, although it's considerably small compared to watching it on TV. Anyway, after that was BIGBANG's performance!!!!

Though all of my fangirl-ing skills must be contained within me as I'm infront of Amabel's family members. My image shall be maintained. But at certain parts of their performance, my fangirl side did got a little out of control but it was all good. No worries. Hahaha. Since BIGBANG's performance was placed the last and my lovely friends stayed with me till the end to watch them (although I can see that they were pretty bored by it), it got really late and there wasn't much public transport going around, so I got my parents to fetch them home, like till their HDB blocks. Now I know where they live

And that's about it. Maybe I should do a write-up on 2014 as well. 
But I'm sooooooo lazy. Damn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment