Sunday 11 January 2015

Tattoo

Never too old for Henna.

There's NP Open House from Thursday to Saturday and since I had INNOVA project meeting on Thursday morning, why not take a look around after we're done. Anyway, we had to do the powerpoint slides for INNOVA from scratch and as a result, we couldn't finish them, much less plan for what we need to say. Let's just pray for the best this coming Thursday.

After the meeting was over, Shu Fei and I went to tour around the school as her being a year younger than me and I'm her tour guide for the day. We went to OurSpace hoping we could take the free goodie bag but to no avail, they just had to check our ez-link cards. Thankfully the CC are giving free popcorn and cotton candy to everyone. Hahaha. Such cheapskates we are. 

*I went Tumblr-ing and I totally forgot I'm halfway through a blog post.*


Anyway, after getting the free food, we took the tour bus to the School of Engineering, SOE, and just have a look around. They were giving out free Kacang Puteh. Hehehe. Some of the booths are interesting such as controlling a virtual airplane (from AE or AT, I can't recall) and also playing with a remote-controlled car (from ME)! However, there are some booths which aren't entertaining at all. For example, our course's booth, there's a double pendulum displaying chaotic behaviour but I don't think the students would be really into stuffs like this. I mean, sure, it's what we do but I think we can also put up something more interactive with the audience and fun. All well. I think we visited almost all of the schools except for BA because we didn't have enough time. At the school of LSCT, they have Pills Making and Henna Tattooing (hence the Virgo sign at my wrist) and they also let out the lab-rats-kind-of-mice for us to just touch them. They're so soft, omg. We also visited the HS area and they let us use the stethoscope and listen to artificial heartbeats & breaths. And we walked around just looking through the other booths and avoiding lecturers who are trying to give us more details about their courses.

And on the last day of NP Open House, I had duty at the Convention Centre to entertain any queries about my course for 4 hours, no chairs available. 
At first I thought it would be cool answering questions regarding my course and give them some of my insights and views, but I didn't think that there would be this little amount of people enquiring about Engineering Science.  It's like for the 4 hours I'm here standing like a statue, there's only 5/6 people who've come to ask about ES. 
I was sooooooo lonelyyyyyyyyyy. Why won't more people come and ask about ES though. It's a young course with a name that sounds cool and two pretty girls modeled for this course, you know. I didn't know 4 hours could last this long. Just standing there, holding an engineering course book, and looking at all those teens and parents around me with other lecturers and students was what I did most of the time. What a way to spend my time. I could have been finishing up my INNOVA slides, research up on the Fourier Series for my EG2 project and fangirl over Jonghyun. On the bright side, I get paid for that. When it finally struck 16:00 on my phone, I'm getting outta there. I considered doing the NP cheer for the free T-shirt since Yub did ask me a favour but hell am I gonna cheer alone to get a free T-shirt for him. So I decided to get an iced Milo before I head home while thinking how useless I've been for 4 hours. 

But when I was about to reach the Poolside Canteen. . .

"Excuse me", called out someone from behind which then followed by a couple of footsteps. I turned around and saw a guy who's wearing geek specs with a Malay lady. 

"Do you know where's The Coffee Bean?" asked the guy.

"Oh, it's at Block 58."

"Erm, where's Block 58?"

'Ohh, they are probably potential NP students next semester', I thought to myself. 

"I can bring you there."

"Really?!"

"Yeah, this school's pretty big so you might get lost if you two were to walk around alone.", is what I would have said if I was in a better mood but since I wasn't, I just nodded and started leading them there. While on our way there, I asked them questions like
"Are you two waiting for your O Level results?"
"Do you have any courses in mind?"
"Are you two a couple?" (I was just really curious, okay. They look so cute together.)
And the lady wanted to go to Aerospace while the guy wanted to enter Hospitality. Also, it seems like there an Aerospace workshop going on at Block 58. No wonder they wanted to head there. 

"Well, Coffee Bean is just straight ahead so just continue walking and you'll find it."

"Oh! Thank you!"

"No problem." I said while I waved them good bye and proceed in the opposite direction.




"What's your name?"

I stopped, and turned, surprised by the sudden question. I stared at the both of them, thinking for a split second whether should I reveal my name to them and finally, I smiled lightly.

"Rou Shan."

"Oh, okay! Bye!"



I walked towards the Poolside Canteen to get my iced Milo as planned originally and

'Wow, I feel so much better now.' I thought as I subconsciously let out a slight grin. My steps felt lighter and I'm not looking down at the ground anymore. 


Why didn't I feel like this after answering their enquiries at the CC though? I was helping them also, wasn't I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment