Sunday 19 January 2014

Yakisoba

So, when I went to work last Thursday, Malcom (the boss) was there to put up some CNY decorations and Patrick helped him, leaving me and Esmond alone in the kitchen. So, we chit-chatted a bit. Actually, I think we talked quite a lot. Hahaha. He shared with me some info about his study @ Uni and it seemed to me that there's a lot of assignments and presentations to do. He also said that he is majoring in business (specifically, public relations); he's 24 years old (I was actually quite surprised to hear that, I thought he was studying in poly like any other part-timers. And he was really surprised that I'm 16 years old too. Hahaha.) and he also doesn't know how to cook yakisoba^. And I realised that he is really friendly, much more friendlier than the other part-timers there. :)  
Santosh (a new full-timer, like me) was sick again and so, work was quite busy since there's one lesser person helping out. I guess he's really weak, huh. Anyway, I learned closing! I'm really happy to be able to learn new things, maybe I'll be able to learn how to cook yakisoba^ someday. Even though I'll be only working till April as a full-timer there, I still hope to learn how things work there and hopefully, be of much help. I don't wanna feel useless and just go there for money. 
^Remember, Google is your best friend. :)

Annnnnd, I went to work on Friday from 10-7. Patrick and Nikko (both full-timers) kept talking to each other in Filipino the very moment Patrick stepped into the shop for work. I felt like I was invisible...
until Darren (a part-timer) came to work at 5. I told him how bored I was and I couldn't understand a single thing they're talking about. And he told me to go learn their language. Thanks for your advice, it helps a lot. Anyway, Nikko's shift ended early and when he left, Patrick talked to me again, like finally. Also, Darren just realised that my name is Rou Shan and the stupid-dota-monster's-name-which-is-almost-the-same-as-mine joke appeared. Damn. It's not like I care about it a lot but ever since Darren mentioned it, Patrick kept on saying my name. Why. 
This is the stupid dota monster, Roshan. However, if you check it up, it's actually a pretty badass monster. Also, the information shows that it's really tough and difficult to defeat. So maybe it's not that bad having almost the same name after all. Hahahaha
Annnnnnnnnnd, on the same day (Friday), when I got home, I took a nap on the sofa. I placed my glasses beside and somehow, when I woke up, it was on the floor and there was a small crack on the lens. Now I have to get a new pair of glasses. How troublesome.

On Saturday, it's finally my off day and I went shopping with my sister for my new year clothes. I was planning to get 2 pair of jeans and 2 tops. And in the end, I got 2 tops from Uniqlo but only a pair of jeans from Lowrys Farm. I feel like getting a Hang Ten jeans because it was having a 60% sale! And the material is not bad too! Maybe I should really get it. 
Ohh, and I feel like getting a parka since I'll probably be going to super duper cold auditorium for lectures in my poly life. A stylish and practical parka would be great. 
For example, this:
But this one is REAAAAAAALLY EXPENSIVE. Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment