Saturday 25 January 2014

I think I'm getting more materialistic + Reunion Dinner

So, since I've gotten such a satisfying results for my 'O' levels, my Mum decided to give me 50 bucks to congratulate me. And I was happy with it. What's more, for my birthday present last year, I requested for money as my birthday present too, from both my parents and sister. 
Maybe this is not getting materialistic but perhaps more money-minded. 
They say money can't buy you happiness. Perhaps, they're wrong? Or, maybe, this is just another stage of growing up? Well, maybe it's just me. 

Anyway, I changed my glasses today @ a shop called Owndays in Somerset. They have tons of different designs of glasses and I'm just spoiled for choices. It took me an hour to pick out mine. :/ Well, the new one aren't that bad, just that the frames are a little too big and I'm still getting used to it, and the new degree. [Yes, my eyesight has gotten worse. :( ]

And after that, there's a Reunion Dinner @ my aunt's house where all of my paternal relatives gather and have dinnerrrrrrrrrrr. Also, getting ang paos from the married couple/aunts/uncles/grandpa and grandma. $$$$$$ To past the time while the adults are playing mahjong and chit-chatting among themselves, the younger generation which is my cousins and I played Monopoly Deal and Big 2 at the back yard. And there's this new version of Big 2 where the loser will have to give their better cards to the winner and the winner will give their lousier cards to the loser. I didn't know. Anyway, after the shouting-huat-ah-and-mixing-the-veggie+abalone+other stuffs, there's this mini birthday celebration for my grandpa and the durian cake was delicious! Yum yum. I took 3 servings. Hehehehe. And Juliana took 4, it's that nice. :)

It's really late now, so I will just stop here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment