Tuesday 14 October 2014

Smooth

I was so bored one day that I decided to drag my lazy feet out of the house and satisfy my wanderlust (kind of). Got myself dressed up and went to NEX to get my cup of smoothie from SmoothieKing after some research. It seems to promote healthy and good smoothies. Also, NEX is somewhere the youngsters would hang out after their school and I was so afraid to bump into any of my sec sch friends I didn't want them to know that I'm wandering about alone. I'm such a failure. 
Sighs. Anyway, I got my hand on this smoothie called Angel Fruit (I think). Tastes like a mix of strawberries and bananas, it's pretty good actually. No wonder it's popular. Plus, the cup is made of styrofoam! The smoothie doesn't get warm nor does the cup collect water droplets on the outside. WONDERFUL. 
Look at it:
The amount of smoothie there is is also a plus point (more than what Starbucks serve for the same cost). I've been walking around NEX and shopping through CottonOn and UNIQLO while drinking it and guess what, I was only 3/5 through the smoothie. If it was the Green Tea Latte in my hand, it would have been long gone. The amount is shocking. Would definitely go back and try the other flavours! :)

I went back to Northpoint after spending my time at NEX to shop the CottonOn here. I have nothing else better to do, sorry. Anyway, I didn't find anything worthy of my money there so I went to POPULAR to look for Khaled Hosseini books, particularly The Kite Runner. The tumblr users which I follows are highly recommending this particular author and so it got me curious. And they all recommended that starting from his first book would be ideal so as to get use to his writing style. His second book, A Thousand Splendid Suns, has gained much love from the readers, so I can't wait to get my hands on his books. Unfortunately, POPULAR isn't selling The Kite Runner or A Thousand Splendid Suns, but they do have his latest work: And The Mountains Echoed. I didn't get it because I wanna stick to reading his first book. Hence, I went to the library to look for them but to no avail. Instead, I borrowed The Salvation of a Saint by Keigo Higashino, the same author for The Devotion of Suspect X. I loved his books because it's so intriguing, the way he weaves through the crime and all. 
Excited. 

Another day, my family and I decided to go out for dinner and so we headed to Jack's Place and it sure is packed. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait too long for a table for four. The down side was, there weren't enough waiters so it took a while for them to take our order. Dinner was great nonetheless. 
I ordered Grilled Salmon Steak and the salmon was heavenly. Hehehe.
Another waiter came afterwards to pour the condiments onto the baked potato and it tasted so much better.
I wanna enjoy a meal at their place again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment